The Influence of Viral Marketing and Celebrity Endorsements on Purchasing Decisions for Ms Glow in Langsa City

Authors

  • Zulia Maisyara Nasution Universitas Sumatera Utara

Keywords:

Viral Marketing, Celebrity Endorsers, Purchasing Decisions.

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine and analyze the effect of viral marketing, and celebrity endorsers on purchasing decisions. The research method used in this research is the quantitative method. The population in this study were users or consumers of MS Glow skincare in Langsa City. The sampling technique uses non-probability sampling techniques with a purposive sampling approach with a sample size of 100 respondents. The data analysis technique used is component-based SEM using PLS with SmartPLS 3.0 software. The results of this study indicate that viral marketing and celebrity endorsers influence the purchasing decision variable by 61.6%, and the remaining 38.4% is influenced by other variables outside this study. The viral marketing variable (X1) has a significant effect on purchasing decisions for MS Glow skincare in Langsa City because the p-value of 0.008 is smaller than 0.05 and the statistical value of 2.678 is greater than 1.96 with a positive influence because the original sample value is 0.360. Then the celebrity endorser variable (X2) has a significant effect because the p-value of 0.002 is smaller than 0.05 the statistical value of 3.119 is greater than 1.96 and the effect is positive because the original sample value is 0.495.

 

Downloads

Published

02-07-2024

How to Cite

Nasution, Z. M. (2024). The Influence of Viral Marketing and Celebrity Endorsements on Purchasing Decisions for Ms Glow in Langsa City . Cendana International Conference on Social and Technology, 1(1), 139–145. Retrieved from http://prosiding.politeknikcendana.ac.id/index.php/CICoST/article/view/382