The Influence of Product Quality on Customer Trust at Fortunate Coffee Cemara Asri Medan

Authors

  • Peni Puspita Sari Politeknik Cendana
  • Tasik Utama Politeknik Cendana
  • Hengky Kosasih Universitas Pasundan

Keywords:

Product Quality, Customer Trust

Abstract

Fortunate Coffee is a café that provides a menu consisting of healthy options without animal products, preservatives, eggs, and milk. The food is prepared without the use of MSG. Fortunate Coffee is also renowned for its delightful coffee flavor, sourced from high-quality imported beans. The aim of this study is to investigate whether there is an influence of product quality on customer trust at Fortunate Coffee Cemara Asri Medan. This research employs an associative quantitative research method. The sample consists of 75 customers who made purchases from January 2023 to June 2023, utilizing an incidental sampling technique. The results of the normality test for the variables of product quality and customer trust yielded a value of 0.200, which is greater than the significance standard (α) = 0.05. Hence, it can be concluded that the tested data is normally distributed. The correlation test results indicate a strong relationship between product quality and customer trust, with a value of 0.632. A correlation value of 0.632 falls within the range of 0.60 – 0.799 (strong), meaning that the work environment and employee performance have a positive correlation. As for the results of simple linear regression: Y = 17.097 + 0.617X, it means that the constant is 17.097. This signifies that if Customer Trust has a value of 0, then Product Quality will have a value of 17.097. The regression coefficient for the product quality variable is 0.617, indicating that if customer trust increases by one unit, product quality will increase by 0.617 units. The result of the hypothesis test from Z calculation is 5.436, while the Z-table value is 1.00, with Z calculation (5.436) > Z-table (1.00). Therefore, since Z calculation > Z-table, Ha is accepted and Ho is rejected. The accepted Ha indicates the influence of product quality on customer trust at Fortunate Coffee Cemara Asri Medan. The coefficient of determination test results show that the variables of product quality and social media marketing influence customer trust by 39.9%, while the remaining 60.1% is influenced by other factors beyond the scope of this study.

 

Downloads

Published

04-10-2023

How to Cite

Sari, P. P., Utama, T., & Kosasih, H. (2023). The Influence of Product Quality on Customer Trust at Fortunate Coffee Cemara Asri Medan. Cendana International Conference on Social and Technology, 1(1), 95–101. Retrieved from http://prosiding.politeknikcendana.ac.id/index.php/CICoST/article/view/364